Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, provides the following benefits to customers:
- A highly effective platform for ASP.NET-based intranet and Internet deployments. Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, includes the newly re-architected IIS 6.0, ASP.NET, and the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Dedicated Web-serving functionality that supports two-way symmetric multiprocessing (SMP), 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM, and 10 in-bound server message block (SMB) connections for content publishing.
- An economical Web server that is competitively priced for self-hosting organizations needing to deploy Web pages, Web sites, Web applications, and Web services rapidly.
As with every member of the Windows Server 2003 family, Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, is built on industry standards that allow organizations to extend existing Web applications and quickly develop new ones. Web developers not only can build Web pages, but also Web services that can communicate with other platforms using standards-based interfaces like XML and SOAP. This level of cost-effective application development encourages business productivity and flexibility and also increases business solution opportunities.
Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, is available:
- To Microsoft customers with Enterprise, Select, and Open licensing agreements.
- To service providers with a service provider licensing agreement (SPLA).
- Through Microsoft original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and System Builder partners.